A new feature offered by Instagram is called reels. Instagram is competing directly with Tiktok, which is a popular app. There is a future certainty in Instagram because the reel is placed strategically to take as much market share as possible. Instagram wants to be a one-stop app for all creators and social media fans.
It doesn’t matter if you are a creator or a business. If you are here to use Instagram to build a business, you are in the right place. Just start using the reels. It is essential if you are here for a competition. Reels hold great potential to get engagements for your brand or business. Instagram showcases the spins at the top to encourage people to use them.
Why Should I Create Instagram Reels?
This is a chance that Instagram gives you to bring up the followers and create engagement s for your account. If Instagram makes it, you need to use it because this is for you. The reel will allow you to go viral and increase your business or brand awareness. Instagram reels are the perfect chance for your ideal audience to find and follow you.
There is some reason you should create Instagram reels.
- Highlights are challenging to navigate; Stories disappear after 24 hours.
- Posts achieve a viewer’s maximum for 24 hours.
- Reels are continually discoverable based on popularity
People are interested in short videos, and revolutions are the same.
What Are The Instagram Reels
Instagram reels are short video clips, not last more than 60 seconds on Instagram. The reel is Instagram’s newest video feature that allows you to record short videos inside the app. After registering, you can add music, captions, effects, and drawings. The reel can include multiple video clips.
The reel is not like the Instagram stories. They are a different thing because they don’t disappear after 24 hours. It always is available until you delete it. Reels are favored by the Instagram algorithm, which recommends reels to those who are not your followers. This is the best thing about the reels.
How To Make Reel On Instagram In 5 Steps
If you are familiar with any social media platform, you will find it easy to create reels on Instagram. If you are a new user and don’t know what to do and how to create the reels, there are some simple steps to follow, and then you can easily create your reels on Instagram.
- Put a plan in place ( make a story of your concepts)
- Record your reel clip
- Edit your reel
- Adjust the seeing of your reel
- Post the reel
1. Put a plan in place (make a story of your concepts)
Failing to plan is planning to fail, so when you do something, create a plan to do this step by step.
There is some question. Set their answer and get started:
- Selection of the topic? That makes sense for your business and brand.
- What will people feel about your brand? Is it real or not?
- Is there anything that fits naturally for your brand?
- How will your reel content be unified with your Instagram feed and stories?
- Who is your target audience? And what is their interest, and what type of content do they want to see?
You have a solid understanding of where and how to go. Once you storyboard your content by breaking down the clips, you are here to make a consistent concept work.
2. Record your reel clip
There are two ways that Instagram is offering to create the reel:
- Press and hold the record button to capture footage
- Upload a video from your mobile gallery
Here are some steps on how to record the reel:
- Open the app, tap on the camera on the left top, then scroll over to the reel at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap and hold the record button to record the reel and then end it; you can add a video from your camera roll.
- To trim, watch or delete the clip you just recorded, tap on the pointing button.
- If you want to add sticker drawings or text to your reel, download the reel on your device and tap the right-pointing button. A slider will appear at the bottom. Use it to edit the reel.
- Tap the right-pointing arrow, then tap cover to change the cover photo
- Write the caption and add hashtags
- Find it here to share the reel
- Tape share and then tap done
During the recording, you can tap the recorded button to end a clip and then tap it again to start a new clip.
3. Edit your reel
After the recording, the next step is to edit the reel. You can add stickers, drawings, and text using the icon on the top of the editor. Here are some features:
Audio: Select the audio from your Instagram music or your device. You are free to choose the theme and then add it to your reel.
Length: you can change the size of your reel. You can choose 15, 30, 60, and 90 seconds.
Speed: you can change the speed of your video clip by slowing it down .3x or.5x or speeding it up by 2x, 3x, or 4x.
Layout: let you adjust the layout of the video clip and add another video with it if you want.
Timer: set a timer that will go off when you start the recording and set a time limit for the following clip.
Dual: you can record video using your front and rear camera at the same time.
Align: it will allow you to line up the object from the previous clip.
4. Adjust the settings of your reel
After the reel editing, the next step is to adjust the setting. Tap Next at the bottom of the screen then you will be able to:
- Edit the reel cover, and you can add a farm from the video or an image from your camera roll.
- Write a caption
- Tag the people in your reel
- Add location
- Enable the Facebook recommendations, and your reel will be surfaced to the Facebook user. You don’t need a Facebook account to use this feature if you select this.
- Rename the audio. If you are using your audio, give it a name that will show in the other user’s reel id they want to use.
- Enable or disable the automatically generated caption
- Decide to post the reel
5. Post the reel
All you have done now is it’s time to post the reel. Tap the share button at the bottom of the screen.
Congratulation, you have posted your first reel.
Tips for making a viral reel as a business
- The Hook
- Enable interactions
- Use hashtags
1. The Hook
The hook is a part of the video that is the most exciting for the viewers, where you have done or said something interesting that grabs the viewer’s attention, and they will enjoy it a lot. Thousands of videos are shared daily, so you have to hook in the people with your content.
Create quality content that will grab the audience; your content must be exciting and engaging for the viewer’s so they find it worth it and want to see the whole; people will hook in with your posts.
Instagram measures the time people spend on your posts and interactions. So you have to create content to which people stick to your videos more than others.
2. Enable interactions
Your focus must be on the target audience, and it is essential to know the interest of your followers, so they can enjoy your content and post and share it; indirectly, it will enhance your engagements and build a community for your Instagram.
Three things, comment, follow, and like, are the goals with any stuff you are posting. Your account will grow when you get more likes and followers.
Get them involved, and you can play a minor melody and ask the audience what might be good for them for this song. Or you can produce a beat and ask the audience about it who they think he sampled.
If people use many words in the comments, the Instagram algorithm will reward this. They are tracking all the activities.
3. Use hashtags
The use of hashtags always results well; there is a good chance that you can begin trending on pretty big hashtags used on your reel post, but the hashtags must be relevant and carefully chosen to look appropriate for the reels you are posting.
Check out what is trending and where you have to use it. Then you will see what a man likes and the interactions they are getting. If you get more exchanges on your reel, you have a high chance of reaching the top hashtags post.
Start doing strategic research on some hashtags, then add a mixture of small, medium, and large hangtags to get a wide range of audiences.
The reel will allow you to go viral and increase your business or brand awareness. Instagram reels are the perfect chance for your ideal audience to find and follow you. It doesn’t matter if you are a creator or a business. If you are here to use Instagram to build a business, you are at the right place to start using the reels.
It is essential if you are here for a competition. You have a solid understanding of where to go and how to go. Once you storyboard your content by breaking down the clips, you are here to make consistent content.